This week was all about one of my favorite topics, the timeless Little Black Dress.
I’ve loved reading all of their fab and funky ideas, and I know you will too! Check them out, and then keep reading for my tips on how to look your best in this wardrobe must have!
Fashion Bloggers on How to Wear a LBD
Carmen Ordonez of Viva Fashion Blog
Christina Topacio of Profreshstyle
Georgia Getz of I Am Bossy
Yujin Wood of HipGirlie
Lindsay Ferrier of The Stir
Naomi Shapiro of Superdumb Supervillain
Heather Thomson on How to Wear a LBD
When I think of the classic LBD, I think of all the ways I like to wear it. In fact, one of my latest designs and newest wardrobe “must haves” is from my fall collection, the Ella Rae dress.
It’s black, it’s slimming, it’s super comfortable, it’s easy to wear, and it’s one of those pieces you just can’t live without! If you want to feel Yummie, slim your look and have fun, below are several ways this dress work for all of your holiday and day-to-night occasions.
I have literally worn this dress for all scenarios I describe below, and can personally guarantee that all of my tips for styling the Ella Rae will also work with every little black dress hanging in your closet!
Rock it for Work
- A classic blazer, trend-right fur vest, or sleeveless sweater makes for a warm, stylish and chic look
- Add some luxe with lots of long chains or chunky bangles
- Dress it up with a pair of black pumps – there is nothing more slimming than black, opaque tights and a beautiful pair of black pumps
After Work Soiree
- Take off the jacket or sweater and strut the dress all by itself, with the perfect clutch you grabbed on your way out the door
- Go from black tights to fishnet or black lace for an almost entirely new look
- Add a scarf around your neck with some darker lipstick and you are ready for cocktail hour
Weekend Errands/ Brunch with Friends
- Add a yummie cardigan sweater and some flat, over-the-knee biker boots for a casual, played down chic
- Throw on some footless tights and clean, simple flats with a cross-body bag for a more bohemian look
- High platform black heels and a cropped leather jacket to show off you waistline and channel your inner diva!
- For cocktail attire, add dangling earrings and fishnets, with an open toe and you will be divine
- Keep your eye make up low-key, and add a vivid red lip
As you can see, the options for styling a LBD are virtually limitless! Try out one or all, or even better, share your favorite ideas in the comments.